Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tears of Joy

We had a ten yr old for a few weeks. Yesterday she got to go home.  After school on Friday, I got to tell her the news.  Bouncing up and down, the biggest smile came across her face and tears began to stream down her cheeks.  She could hardly contain her excitement as she talked about her grandmother's house, "you know, it's the place where the power can go out and I can still find the kitchen, get something to eat, and sit on the dark couch and be ... okay.  I don't know, I just feel different there, I'm a different person there, it's hard to explain."
"That my dear," I told her, "is the description of 'home.'"  Well, yesterday she got to go home.  I had the joy of taking her to her grandma's house; I got to watch her as she grew increasingly more giddy, and as more tears of joy filled her cheeks. 

And with those tears of joy we are now back down to a family of four.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. What a powerful moment. You are such a blessing to these children and I hope you know that you are leaving a mark on them forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tristen, You are very inspirational. and aspirational. Thank you.
    MIchelle

    ReplyDelete