Monday, September 10, 2012

Goals for the Future ... Where does this Blog fit in?





Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have 
within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. ~ Harriet Tubman



My confession: I am a Crazy Dreamer!



In my dreams.. 

...the foster care system will be revolutionized and foster children will discover love, safety, and security through the awareness and hard work of lawmakers, social workers, and average citizens.

...foster parents come together and find strength in community.

...members of the community come alongside those foster families and supports them through babysitting for a date night, finding clothes to donate, giving time on their farm so a kid that's never seen a horse can actually ride one.

...businesses in the community come alongside foster families by giving a small discount so that those families can enjoy family outings just a little bit more.

...lawmakers work tirelessly to make sure there are laws in place to protect these children academically, emotionally and physically, and the families that care for them.

...I will be an advocate for such change, I will be a spark to light the fire, getting the word out on this blog, opening my home to children in need, speaking to others from my living room to Capital Hill. I will advocate for change one person, one family, one church, one community at a time. 

...I will create a book, a combination resource and source of inspiration for those looking for just a little more information about foster care system and/or adoption it will include a compilation of your stories from the front lines of foster care, because, really, you are the face of foster care.


So, there you have it. Those are my dreams. That's my hearts passion and that's where I'm going with this blog. I would love for you to come alongside and dream with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment